Idle control unit (E28) question.

 Hello,

 I have a question about idle control unit in my '86 528e.
 I have been bothered by slight idle speed problems, so I changed idle
 control valve, and took out the idle control unit to see if there is anything
 wrong with it.   Upon my inspection of idle control unit, I found that
 one of electronic components on the board appears to be burned.
  The thing looks like a large gray resistor (about 1.5 cm or 0.5 inch long).
  However, it only has one green stripe on it (not typical of resistor),
 so it may not be a resistor. Also, it is written "56R 10%" on it.
  I showed it to a friend who is knowledgable to these things,
 and he said it is a high power resistor.
  I also showed it to people in local stores (RadioShack, etc), but
 they all don't know what that is.   Does anyone know what the thing is,
 and the specifications ? And does anyone know where I can get it ?
  It is located near the edge of the board, right next to a coil, and
 it is one of a few things that stand out on the board.

  Thanks in advance for your help

   Myungshin Im