RE: E36 M3 camber tweaking with shims

>>could someone give me the procedure and any insights on making front
>>camber adjustments utilizing shims/washers etc.  I have heard of people
>>obtaining exact washer thicknesses to match specific degrees of camber.
>>love to hear  and how I can do the same as well as where I can round up
>>the necesary hardware.(Home Depot?)-  thanks for the help and
>>direction.-
>>
>>Robbie Kollar
>>95 M3
>
>The shims should be hardened steel, and you'll also need grade 10.9 bolts
>of slightly greater length than stock. So these aren't going to be found
>at Home Depot.
>
>The easiest approach is to buy Korman's <www.kormanfastbmw.com> camber
>kit for $20, which includes those items. You'll end up with something
>over 2 degrees of negative camber.
>
>Neil
>96 M3, camber shims

Steve D'Gerolamo at the Ultimate Garage now has these bolts and washers for
less than half of Korman's price.

If you do a lot of track events with these camber bolts, make sure you
remove and inspect them (and preferably replace them) at least once a year.
 I found a mild amount of thread wear on mine where the bolt goes through
the strut hole.

Bob Stommel

End of bmw-digest V9 #102