8 series Alpina Convertible!

I was at the local BMW dealership on Saturday looking thru the lot of used
cars when I saw a this car brought in for service.

A bright yellow 8 series CONVERTIBLE with ALPINA emblem on the back.  This car
was HOT.  Huge rims (racing dynamics), Mint condition...My mouth just dropped
to the ground.  Anyone know anything more about this?  Does Alpina chop the
tops?  I seem to remember that the exhaust (4 pipes) were something special
(maybe racing dynamics).

Unbelievable...

David
1991 525i Gunther
1988 535i Helmut (for sale...almost sold!!)