1995 M3 - a bust - not a good deal

Well I went to check out the car, avus(or estoril) blue 1995 M3.
Unfortunately, the production date was 6/94. It didn't seem to have any
problems. Put the car up on the lift, checked the service history.  All the
recalls had been peformed, regular maintenance done, etc.  However, the
engine had a miss.  Got the mechanic to drive around while I was with him
and he experienced it as well.  Put it up on the diagnostics. The o-scope
showed #6 cylinder performing at less than optimum.  Swapped the coils and
plugs and the problem still seemed to be with #6.  The mechanic said to try
fuel injector cleaner.  If that wasn't it, then it was the fuel injector.
They would replace that if the fuel injector cleaner didn't work.  I didn't
want to "try" anything.  I wanted it right before I left the lot.  The
salesman didn't understand that.  When asked about putting in a new fuel
injector, he didn't want to to do that.  So I am thinking, and let me get
this straight.  "You want me to give yout $30,000 dollars for a car that
isn't performing right when I drive it off the lot, and then come back
until it's fixed?"  Please!  I don't care if it IS under warranty.  What
don't you understand about NO!  The head mechanic seemed competent but I
just didn't want to be responsible for troubleshooting this problem all the
way down to the wiring harness,computer, etc.

So, I am without a BMW.  However, I am more familiar with what to check.
Thanks for everybody's advice.  Will keep looking.
P.S. - this dealer sales guy is not in the DC area