M coupe vs. roadster; reality check.

Look, I have driven both.  Based on my experience I'm not convinced that one
has a significant edge on the other.  Whoever wrote that the M coupe will
trounce all over the roadster is mistaken.  It may have felt that way to you,
but it didn't to me.  The braking systems are identical, both felt slightly
weak to me, equally so, compared to my Carbotech-equipped autox E36 M3.  Both
felt equal in acceleration from a rolling start as my M3.  I would say that
the M coupe has an off-the-line advantage due to the rearward weight
distribution, which will relate to quicker 0 - 60 times from a dead stop.  I
would also say that the M coupe felt slightly sharper responding to handling
maneuvers and cornering over bumps, probably due to the stiffer body shell,
and again due to the more rearward weight distribution.

The M coupe will have a *slight* advantage over the roadster, but this is
always true when comparing the hardtop to the convertible of most any chassis,
but a capable driver will be able to turn nearly identical times in both IMO.

Mark Sipe