Re: <E46> nervous

Steve Foster writes:

> For example, I hear talk of a new 3.0 liter V-6 to replace
> the 2.8liter coming in 2000.  Anybody know anything
> about this?  Appreciated.

Steve,

I've seen rumors that BMW is increasing the displacement of
the 6-cylinder in the 328i from 2.8 to 3.0 L for the 2000
model year in the German motor press. However, I somehow
doubt that they're changing their 6-cylinder engines from
their current inline-6 layout to a V-layout. "6-cylinder"
doesn't automatically mean "Vee engine"... :)

Lorenz