<ALL> Painting

If this topic has been covered before in the digest, I haven't
found it.  But if I missed it, please point me to the right
direction.

The guy tinting the windows went to spray the car off and
dropped the METAL nozzle and hose right on the hood,
in the region above the headlight.  The result: a dime
sized dent and 3 2- 3 inch long scratches in the paint.
Man was I upset.  He has offered to fix and repaint the hood
as long as the price is reasonable.  He also put it in writing
as well as recommended a paint shop.

The hood already had some very MINOR stone chips, but no dents.
I wasn't planning on painting the hood anytime soon, but now
it looks like later has turned to sooner.
The hood looked gorgeous before this, especially after I had
used a glaze polish and a good wax.  I would to ensure that I
get back the deep, glossy, high clear relfective paint that
is on there now.

My questions are: (the car is a '94 and black)
1) What is the standard procedure for this kind of repair? Strip
    to bare metal, sand, prime, and paint?  How many layers?
2) Are there some BMW specific painting rules? Brand of paint?
3) I would prefer they only paint the hood and not try to blend
    by painting the quarter panels.  Is this reasonable?
4) If the hood is removed, is it fairly simple to re-install so
   that evrything is lined up?

Thanks for any help.  The most frustrating psrt of this is having
spent the last 3 months getting the car back to top form and then
in less than second, it seems all for not.

Matt Tremmel
tremmemm@domain.elided
'94 325is