BMW Spartanburg Performance Center

Haven't heard much about this here. I saw a pamphlet about it when I was
in for my last service.

The center will become the U.S. delivery point for tourist sales, but
supposedly any BMW can be picked up there at the owner's request. Along
with the delivery center, there will be a 1.7 mile roadcourse! Drivers'
schools and an autocross school are planned. I wonder if they'll rent
the track to the BMW CCA for drivers' schools, or if it will just be the
factory school? The course has 35 possible variations by using numerous
infield shortcuts. You can see an artist's rendition of the whole thing
at: http://www.motortrend.com/sept98/pt/pt2_f.html