Paint Jobs

>Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 16:50:39 -0400
>From: Duane <drcollie@domain.elided>
>Subject: Pay fer your paint job

>>Duane, I'd like to know what insurance company you have that will go to
the
>>lengths you suggest on the paint job.  I'm with Nationwide, and getting a
>>"top quality" paint job from them is worse than pulling teeth, with no
>>anesthetic.
>>Mark Selleck

>Mark,

>You need to re-read my post!  I said for an ADDITIONAL $ 400.00 to $
>1,000.00 you can have  the whole car painted and 600 grit sanded. The
>insurance company is only paying for return to 'as new' factory status -

++++++++++++++++++++++++

I thought Duane's point was pretty clear. Since the car is going to get
painted anyway, go to a very good shop and for the extra money get
something of value. Remember the bulk of the cost is in prep and removal of
items. It only makes sense to have leverage the work that will done anyway.

On one of my 7's, after a rear end collision, the body shop volunteered a
complete paint job at a price which I could not turn down.

There is no intent or desire on Duane's part to screw the insurance
company.

- -Kevin
BMWCCA, GGC