big six oil spray rail bolts - thanks!

 Thanks to this list & associated FAQs, our old '85 535i has new oil
spray rail bolts.  I was in there to adjust the valves and I noticed
that the bolts had never been changed.  After almost 150,000 miles
even!  They were both still in place, but one was just a shade more
than finger tight, not even close to the ~5 ft-lb that it should be.
The new parts are installed, and I feel much better about it.

 And regarding valve adjusting, I find it very easy to turn the engine
by leaving the car in 5th gear and rolling it forward while watching
the camshaft turn 1/6 of a rev.  Spark plugs in, out, it doesn't
matter.  Just put a little effort into it.

- --
  John Bolhuis    | These are no ordinary monkeys --
 bolhuijo         | these are mean, spiteful, butt-biting
  @domain.elided   | monkeys with an obvious mission: conquest.
                                        -tabloid.net

End of bmw-digest V9 #85