Re: E34 A/C Failure

Brant,
The magic word "Warranty" showed up in your post....
Take your car immediately to your dealer and have it checked out as a
warranty repair. PLEEEAAASE - don't let anyone mess around with it
BEFORE you take it in!
Provided you have it documented you shouldn't have too much trouble
getting it fixed outside of warranty. Most work/labour is warranteed
for 90 days or so plus parts warranted for a set amount of time
(sometimes a year). Some of the more experienced Bimwads can give you
the total BMW warranty picture but having had warranty problems with
other vehicles, I found that if you have all the documentation they, at
the very least, share some of the pain after the warranty has expired
and the problem resurfaces. I have a 95 525i and have taken it in for
some really nitpicky stuff and my dealership has been great. Next time
in I am after new rotors as mine are pockmarked with rust and none too
smooth (I knew that buying a low mileage (15K) 525i means that it stood
idle for a long time and such things do happen!)

Phil C.
95 525i 5spd