Amsoil MLM sales technique

I guess I started this latest thread about Amsoil/Mobil 1 by asking about
Amsoil.  I was not aware that they sold through multi-level marketing.  I
simply called the 800 no. in the C&D ad.  I got a guy in Oregon on his car
phone (call forwarding) who sent me all sorts of literature and price
listing.  I am a gasoline/diesel/oil distributor, and was looking for a
distributor price on synthetic oil.  I first went for Mobil 1, but found no
one who could beat Wal-Mart's price, then called the Amsoil no. on a whim.
If I buy from this guy in OR I'll have to pay freight from the nearest
warehouse to me, in Orlando, and the price is much higher than Mobil 1.  I
also sell racing gas, and have sold a little Redline oil, but there again
the price is so high most of the racers I sell to use Castrol Syntec.
After weighing all the pros and cons, I may just go to the local Wal-mart
and see if I can strike a deal with the manager for a few cases of 5W-40
and forget the rest.  Amsoil has a great product line, and I may buy a few
things, but I used to sell Amway when I was in college so I'm sorta turned
off by the MLM approach myself.

Bill Mitchell
'95 540i 6 sharked(and wrecked too, at the moment)