First Time Auto-X tips

>From: Franklin Joseph <frj751s@domain.elided>

>I am going to my first autocross this weekend, any advice from the
>experienced will be greatly appreciated

Franklin,

Sure!! Glad to help.  Here's the TOP TEN things you should do:

10. Drive around the orange thingies. DO NOT hit them head on.
 9. Ask if you can drop a chalk line in between the cones to mark the course.
 8. Let Brett Andersen drive your car and tell him to 'go for it'.
 7. Ask to see the trophies when you first register.
 6. Drive right handed only. Left hand should hold onto the "A" pillar.
 5. Tell everyone with R1's that you can kick their arse on street tires.
 4. Get out of the car at the Stop Garage to get your time from scoring.
 3. Do a proper acceleration burnout at Tech to intimidate thy competetion.
 2. Let everyone know beforehand that you're really good at go-kart driving.

And the # 1 thing to do at an auto-x:

Show up at 9:30 a.m. and bitch to the person in charge that it's too damn
early in the morning to start and can't they find a better lot?

Duane Collie
SVR / UUC / RM3DR1
National Capital Chapter