Re: Duralube **Rob

 "mel jones" <mjone@domain.elided> wrote:

>Subject: Duralube
>
>I have been watching those commercials for Duralube and wondering does it
>really work or will it just mess up everything in my 1993 525ia. If anybody
>has any thoughts on this please respond.

    You don't really believe that a little bottle of additive will let you
put sand in your engine, do you?  All of that stuff is a scam and Slick 50
is one of the worst.

    You always see that "laboratory tested" label on those products... just
try to find out what lab that is, the manufacturer will always claim
"corporate secret"... why?  Any good independent lab should be happy to tell
you how great that product was.

    It won't hurt your engine - but it won't do any good.  Do the smarter
thing, check your oil frequently and change it every 3,000 miles.

- - Rob Levinson
'85 535i Turbo (oil changed every 3K - how else do you think it reached 189K
with no problems?)

www.shortshifter.com