Painting Advice 02 Repair

My new 74 2002 needs to have a driver's door repaired and then be
painted. The color is Sahara Beige. The car was garaged all its life.
The paint is in very good orginal condition.

One shop wants to just fix and then paint the door with the one stage
enamel,, and thinks it will match just fine. Seemed to have no fear
about being able to match the paint. (Young and foolish?)

Another shop wants to feather and blend the paint and then clear coat.
This will entail going into the front panel ahead of the door and the
rear panel behind the door. This scares me. I don't want to mix paints
and clearcoats and have one whole side painted (messed up)just to match
a door that had to be  fixed and painted. He will use some paint by a
company called "Herberts Standoy" What is anyone's experience with this
sort of situation. (Seemed to be used to late model fix and paints)
Any brands of straight one stage enamel that seem to blend better than
others? Any to stay away from?

The orginal paint is really nice and I don't want to mess the car up.
Any help, ideas, or opinions welcomed.
Thanks as always
Don Bulman