RE:<E36> Ram Air Intake, BMW part numbers & Second source for Jim C chips

Bruce wrote:

>Korman wants $139 for the snorkel, duct and K&N filter. I've already
>got a K&N so I'd like to get the snorkel and duct parts. I believe the
>top piece with the snorkel is BMW part #1371 1401 527 (about $40). Does
>anyone have the part number for the left brake duct with the hole
>already cut? I know I can just cut my existing duct but if it's cheap
>enough I'd rather be able to go back to stock if desired.

You don't need to replace the left brake duct you just need to drill/or cut
a hole in the plastic (with a 2" hole saw (at least I think it is 2")).
You don't even need to remove the brake duct to drill it/or cut it.  If you
look closely at the duct it has a raised circular portion molded into the
top of it.  That raised area is roughly where you need to drill the hole.

Josh
Eurosport

P.S.  A note to the postings regarding my company Eurosport and Jim
Conforti chips.  I have actually been selling Jim Conforti chips for 2
years now, but it wasn't until August 1st that I was allowed to use Jim C's
name in public advertisement.