re pulling chips

I'd just like to add that sometimes life just ain't that way when it comes
to DME's. I have a 89 325ic I bought the coveted JC chip, read everything I
could find on replacement, pulled out the DME, got the cover off only to
find the original EPROM soldered to the board. So I put the thing back
together drove to Radio Shack and bought a socket. I spent the next couple
of hours with a solder gun in one hand and a solder sucker in the other, got
the EPROM out, soldered the new socket in, and by that time it was just like
the directions. I have to say the extra time spent playing solder boy was
worth it. That JC chip is all it's cracked up to be.

BT
89 325ic now sharked