'73 2002tii For Sale in SF Bay Area (53k miles!)

     I have a very nice 2002tii for sale in northern California.  For the
     right person, this could be a great deal!  Here's the particulars:

     1973 (last of the nice bumpers, no smog)
     53,000 original miles
     Correct matching numbers

     How could there be only 53,000 miles?  Apparently the car was wrecked
     and sat in Ukiah (CA) for 15-20 years.  In 1994 it was resurrected by
     welding on a new front clip (fenders, hood, etc.).  It was repainted
     the original silver at that time and the interior re-covered.  Because
     Ukiah is pretty dry, the car was well preserved.  The car looks
     excellent.

     I bought it this spring on a whim and have been working on it since.
     Unfortunately, I'm finding that with two young kids, I just don't have
     the time and energy right now.  So......this is a typical case of
     being able to buy restoration work at 1/2 off!

     I paid $4500 and this price was confirmed as appropriatethen by
     Hanerhaus BMW (our local 2002 experts).

     Since then, I've put about $7000 into it:

     All new suspension (EVERYTHING!) to hot street/mild race specs:
        Springs, bushings, struts, etc.
     All new brakes, with stainless lines.
     New wheel bearings
     All rust (it was minor) correctly repaired and protected
     New seatbelts
     Autopower race bar (not installed yet)

     Here's what it needs:

     Interior:
     I've removed the original headliner and carpeting:  Replacement Cost
     ~$650
     Dash has 2 cracks: looks ok
     Rear seat needs to be reinstalled
     Heater fan broken (I guess they all are!)

     Mechanical:
     Nothing I know, engine compression is good and runs great.
     Transmission, clutch excellent.

     Electrical:
     High beam switch broken in a fit of clumsiness.

     a better one.  The suspension refurb makes this drive like  a new car.
     I think another $1000-$2000 would finish this car cosmetically.  It's
     not a show car, but a very solid machine.  It drives MUCH better than
     much more expensive tii's I looked at before buying this one.

     Price: $7500
     If you'd like to take advantage of my moment of weakness, call or
     email.  Otherwise, I guess I'll have to pay someone to do the rest of
     the work and just drive it!

     regards
                Randy King
                Randy_King@domain.elided