Re:Hot <E28>

Tony,

On my E28('88 535iA) one of the firewall plugs popped out, spewing hot
engine compartment air right below the steering column. Checking these
plugs(easier from the Engine side of the firewall) made a HUGE
difference. The other source of heat that I found was the vent seals.
See those grills on your hood? Open your hood and look on the underside.
You'll see that these grills feed outside air to the car's interior. On
most seams have seperated and adhesive no longer adhered, letting hot
engine compartment air into the car. A little RTV and that problem was
solved.

On the firewall plugs, the oval one is part#51.71.1.872.829, the 35mm
round one is 51.71.1.816.805(Thanks, Phil Marx!)

Erick Baumeister
'88 535iA ala Dinan,MM,and me
Livermore,CA