Batteries

The topic of batteries has come up again and I would like to put in a
pitch for Optima batteries.  These are no maintenance, gel cell batteries
with loads of cranking power.  They are a bit more expensive than
standard batteries (@$120), but last a long time and are problem free.
Best of all, no loose acid so no corrosion of terminals, battery trays,
etc.  These batteries can even be operated upside down (drivers'
schools?)  I have had one in a daily use Saab since 1990, and left
another hooked up in a Dodge van for 2 years.  In the latter case it had
enough power to crank the van for almost a half hour to get fuel from the
tank to the carb.

No interest in the company, etc., just want to see good parts being put
in good cars.

Jerry Kolb
2002/M3 (MTOO)

BMWCCA/BMWACA