Egos?

WHOAAAA....jump-back - CADILLAC!!

Tar-nation...I read this FOUR times and my eyes glazed over each time.

<...burp...> 'spect I had better read it again after 'nuther Rolling Rock.

Ya know..us Virginny boyz is kinda simple. We'uns just SLAP that ole wheel
on dat dere machine and if she ain't a shakin' like an out-o-balance milk
shake mixer at the Dairy Queen whyyyyyyy we figger we're in pretty good stead.

Wazzaaa ERGOS, anywho?

Duane C.

>From: Ergos <ergos@domain.elided>
>Duane recommends the Hunter GSP 9700 to Garrick.
>
>Low speed radial force variation (RFV) is not correlated with medium
>and high speed RFV, which is the one that's annoying to a driver. The
>reason is that low speed RFV is linked to static properties of the
>tire, whereas high-speed RFV is obviously dynamic. OTH, low speed RFV
>is very correlated with mass unbalance - because mass unbalance
>typically is linked to the one spot on the tire circumference where
>the tread joint was made, which also tends to be the place where
>static force variation occurs (likerolling over a small step).
>Second, the Hunter uses a small drum to measure RFV. the contact patch
>of a tire on these drums is very different from that on plane ground,
>and the resulting forces also differ...

End of bmw-digest V9 #57