<e28> Battery Replacement and Car Club question

Okay had the battery in the 528e died today. Luckily my brother is out of town
and I borrowed the one out of his 450sel.  Well, the battery in the 528e was
minuscule compared to the one in the 450. Even compared to the one in the 535i
I have recently acquired. Well, anyway to get the battery in I had to remove
the cruise servo to fit it in. What I'm wondering is if I can get away with
using a battery this large. The car had been having trouble starting in the
extreme cold last winter (i.e., ski trips). What size would you recommend
using in this car?
	Second question. What else do you get by joining the car club? I mean besides
the mag and discount. Is there a chapter here in New Mexico? Or Albuquerque to
be more specific. After five years and many happy miles with my BMW I really
think it might be worth joining. Well, thanks for the info.

Jason, Albuquerque, NM
86 528e 214,000 miles
86 535i 72,000 miles