<E36>REPLY-1994 325is low-cost mods

Lane wrote:

I just bought a 1994 325is with about 70k miles on it.  The first owner =
had taken great care of it (frequent washing/detailing, dealer-serviced =
on the strict intervals every time, etc.)  but it's bone stock other =
than an M Technic rear wing and M3 17" wheels, and it doesn't have the =
sport suspension or AST.  The only thing I've done to it is thrown in an =
K&N air filter.  What are some inexpensive things I can do to increase =
all-around performance?  I'm a novice at this kind of thing, but I have =
access to a huge complement of metric tools and I'd like to learn.  TIA =
for the advice.
- - --Lane
=======================================

Sure you will get differing suggestions.  But to answer your question, here
are a couple of relatively low-cost mods popular on this list:
1)Used E36 M3 exhaust.  Bolts right on, used market price between $200 to
$300.  Nice throaty sound, probably a bit more hp in the upper rev range.
2)Jim Conforti engine mgmt chip, programmed to accomodate the exhaust mod.
Improved torque, hp, and throttle response throughout the rev band.  Also
removes the factory 128mph top speed limiter.    $225. Sold via
TurnerMotorsports.

Both of the above can be relatively easy to install as a do-it-yourself
project, and will give you a mild but noticeable increase in performance,
all for under or around $500.00

Ron Browne
1992 318is
Bowie, MD