<E36> easy performance?

I just bought a 1994 325is with about 70k miles on it.  The first owner =
had taken great care of it (frequent washing/detailing, dealer-serviced =
on the strict intervals every time, etc.)  but it's bone stock other =
than an M Technic rear wing and M3 17" wheels, and it doesn't have the =
sport suspension or AST.  The only thing I've done to it is thrown in an =
K&N air filter.  What are some inexpensive things I can do to increase =
all-around performance?  I'm a novice at this kind of thing, but I have =
access to a huge complement of metric tools and I'd like to learn.  TIA =
for the advice.
- --Lane