<e46> complainers

let me start off by saying I have driven very few bmws. I own a
e28/535isA and am generally very happy with it.

I have driven a number of e34s, and appreciate the evolution of the
series, also a e30 325is, nice car.

I have NOT driven the new e46 although I spent about 10 minutes poking
around one the other day [with the annoying 'want-to order one?
want-to-order-one?' salesman on my heals].

I think the cupholders are just fine. Perhaps it's just cupholder
envy, as I have none. I think the cheesy part are perhaps the
(sporty?) spring-loaded teeth? Doesn't bother me.

I think bmw did a great job on the new e46 and I am looking forward to
driving one of the 323s, with a stick.

Let's be nice and compare the new e46 with its competition, not our
desires.

However, if I were ceo of bmw, the new M3 would have optional shift
paddles, ala Ferrari F1.

*gee* I getting all misty just thinking about it.

Reid Maynard