E30 suspension

My suspension system feels better.

Last Wednesday 5 Aug, my H&R OE Sport Springs finally arrived. The week before
my Bilsteins Heavy Duty Front Struts, rear shocks, front strut tower
mounts and rear shock mounts arrived. I searched far and wide for the
best price on these parts. Turner Motorsports provided the best prices.
I am a partial Do-it-Your-Selfer. Big jobs like suspensions I leave for
experts. I live in Durham, North Carolina and I drove to Greensboro, North
Carolina to Korman Autoworks to get the parts put on. It is an hour drive.
I checked here locally but could not find a garage I felt did this kind
of work on a regular basis and could do it well at a reasonable price.

I posted to this site previously to inquire about a BMW specialty garage in this
area, Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill, North Carolina and did not receive
any information. If you have anything please let me know.

I am happy with the work performed by Korman and will make the drive again.
I have done this in february and august of this year and will probably be
headed back in the fall if I do not find a garage here locally.

What I did wrong was purchase some New Tires(GoodYear 225/55R16) and
New 16inch Ultra Wheels. I purchase this stuff last month and wanted
to wait until I did the suspension work before I mounted them.
The TIRES were to BIG!! They looked great mounted on the car but the
front tires rubbed a lot and the rear tire scraped against the fender.
I purchased some 205/50R16 and they fit good and look nice but not as
nice as the bigger tires. But they do fit.

For anyone out there thinking of new larger tires do not go with 225/55R16
they are to large for a 1990 325I.

Rick Benjamin
crb@domain.elided