<E34> 1992 525i, Alternator belt

The car in question is a manual 1992 E34 525i with the M50 engine.  (7/91
production date).

During the last service the dealer informed me that the alternator belt
was installed incorrectly, however that it should do the job okay.
About 15,000 miles ago I had a new alternator put in along with new belts
by a different dealer.  (So evidently the job wasn't done right)  Can
anyone tell me if this is something that I should have remedied ASAP or I
should just forget about it?  Thanks.