Wanted: E36 Wheels and Advice

Esteemed Digesters:

	I live in the Chicago area and have a '97 328i with 15" alloys and OE
Michelin 205/60 15's.  The car handles well, but does not feel like the
328's I test drove with the sports package.  Partly because I have an '89
Carrera for summer fun/track events, we ended up with the 4DR automatic,
which we bought with 4000 miles.  I started out looking at 5-speed coupes
with the Sports Package but practicality and a lack of 5-speed used sedans
overwhelmed me.  Anyway, my dilemma is as follows:  I need to get wheels
and Blizzaks for winter driving around here.  If I get 16" wheels, I'll get
a better look and better performance in the summer, and mount Blizzaks on
my current 15" wheels.  However, then I have to get 16" tires as well (and
get stuck with virtually new 15" Michelins).  I would rather not buy 16"
wheels, low profile tires and Blizzaks right now.  The other choice is to
buy another set of 15" wheels and mount Blizzaks on them.  I can get a good
deal on a new set of 15" 323 alloys locally.
	I'm not trying to turn this sedan into a sports car; that's what the 911
is for.  But I did buy it (after wanting one for 10+ years) because they
handle great and they're fun to drive.  Am I going to be sorry opting for
the significantly less expensive 15" solution?  It seems like good deals on
used 15" wheels are a lot easier to come by than on 16" wheels, which
represent an upgrade to a lot of people, including obviously me.
	What do you think?  Also, are you aware of nice 15" or 16" E36 wheels or
wheels/tire packages available at a knock-my-sox-off price?  Thanks in
advance for your comments, ideas and inevitable flames (why spend $30 grand
on the car and then worry about $1k for wheels.  You're just going to end
up Dinanizing it anyway, like all good Digesters).

Donn York