<e28> SI board and OBC problem

     Okay here is the problem. Have an '86 528e. The other night used the Code
function on the OBC. Well I got back in the car put the code in and the car
started. Well i look over and see that the display still says code with the
number i entered. I try to switch functions. It won't. I forget about it and
leave it for a few days. Let the girlfrined borrow the car. She calls me and
says the the car won't start it just keeps turning over. I get there and look
at the car. I decide to enter the code and the car starts.
    Now with the SI board. It acts normally. Most of the time. I replaced it
about eight months ago. Well here is what happens. After the car starts the
green lights do not go out. Now this does not happen all the time. Both
problems seem to have something to do with each other. If the lights go out
and i set the code. The car will not start. If it's a time when the lights do
not go out and i set the code the lights will go out.
   Do both get the same signal that the car is being started? If so where does
it come from?

Jason, Albuquerque NM
86 528e
86 535i