So ya think the dsealer gets the tax money huh?

     Rob Mudry picks on Suzy:

     You seem to omit the fact that when you buy a Bimmer in Germany you
     may get a bottle of BMW champagne, but you also get slapped with a 15%
     MWST tax. Here in VA where I bought my car I only paid 3% sales tax.
     Do us all a favor, stop whining and go buy yourself a dozen or so
     cases of Dom Perignon with the $4,800 that you saved on taxes alone.

     Rob,

     I don't think that taxes go to the dealer in germany.  So that doesn't
     mean that the extra money spent on taxes in Germany somehow magically
     gives the dealer more profit to give away bottles of wine.  And Suzy
     wasn't whining, just pointing out how piss-poor service from *some*
     BMW dealers is.  Ease up.

     Jim Powell