Re: BMW chanpagne [sic]

On Thu, 06 Aug 1998 23:44:12 -0500
Suzy suzym3@domain.elided <mailto:suzym3@domain.elided>  wrote...
Subject: BMW chanpagne

>When I bought my M3 from the BMW dealer here all I got was a crummy BMW
>mug.  When my sister bought her BMW over in Germany, she got a nifty
>bottle of BMW champagne.  How come we always get gipped over here?  Not
>fair!!  Luckily, my sister saved her bottle of bimmer champagne and gave
>it to me.  Cool. Has a roundel on it and everything.  The dealers over
>here need to get some of this stuff.

>Suzy

Suzy,

You seem to omit the fact that when you buy a Bimmer in Germany you may get
a bottle of BMW champagne, but you also get slapped with a 15% MWST tax.
Here in VA where I bought my car I only paid 3% sales tax.  Do us all a
favor, stop whining and go buy yourself a dozen or so cases of Dom Perignon
with the $4,800 that you saved on taxes alone.

Rob