Lista Challenge

Yo Brudda Steve,
You may be fergetin' a couple of thangs! While Lista makes a good box (I
hear - still waiting for you to send me one to do a long term *test* upon
as I've never seen one), does Lista have:

* A track record of making limited edition boxes (like Snap-On)?
			Absolutely.....Lista has been making storage cabinets since 1918.  They
are a Swiss company with an excellent reputation in the industrial arena
and they have now expanded to automotive, hospitals, office, etc.  They
have done many custom storage solutions for customers....paint to sample is
not a problem (I just received a special white box to match the inside of a
customer's race trailor).  Even the "good old Nascar boys" are using Lista
these days...stop in and see Dale Earnhardt's shop if your ever in NC.

* The dealer network (like Snap-On) to sell 500 of these?
			Don't have to sell 500....all cabinets would be configured to meet the
customers storage requirements and built to order by Lista.  This way folks
could buy as much tool box as they need or can handle in their shop....ie,
they can get exactly what they want, not what Snap-on thinks they want!
Tool boxes can be built with a choice of bases (mobile or fixed) and tops
(rubber mat, laminate, galvanized or stainless steel, maple, acid
resistant, corian or granite). Widths would vary from 22", 28", 40", 47" or
57" or any combination of these widths. Each drawer can be configured and
partitioned to handle the customers tool storage better than any Snap-on
box.  All could be painted the motorsport or BMW colors trimmed out in
whatever decals decided by the panel of judges (Duane....I would expect you
to choose this impartial panel of experts).

* The ability to convince BMW NA to authorize use of the ///M logos and
the like?
			This could be tough for both of us as BMW is pretty stingy about the
commercial use of their logos.  We could both supply the logos/decals with
instructions to the customer about where they can be applied.  As Lista is
used at the factory by BMW and by many dealerships here in the states (incl
the new ultra dealership in NYC), we might have a chance.

*Hey - if they do, I'm all ears! I get dibs on Unit # 1.
			Duane....this is friendly challenge.  A little competition might force
Snap-on to keep their prices within reason.  As soon as the panel decides
on the size and/or sell price, I'll start working on it.  It's a lot easier
to get one person (me) started on a project than a big company like Snap-on.

*P.S. You really put entire engines on toolbox drawers? Man - oh man...I
use an engine hoist and stand for that!
			All Lista full extension drawers are rated at 440 lbs (200 kg) at full
extension...some of their pull-out trays go to 700 lbs. Great for storing
stacks of new brake rotors, engine blocks, blocks of rhenium, etc.  SD

Steve D'Gerolamo - The Ultimate Garage
201-262-0412 / steved3@domain.elided / http://www.ultimategarage.com