Re: <E30> Expansion Valve

Jeff,

Hope you are a contortionist, the expansion valve is attached to the
evaporator coil under the dash.  The evaporator coil is located dead center
against the fire wall just above the transmission tunnel.  The hardest place
to get to in the passenger compartment.  The expansion valve is attached to
the right, passenger, side of the evaporator coil.  When we replaced the
expansion valve on my wife's '90 325iC we had to take out the glove box and
center console covering the shifter, parking brake, ashtray, etc. to get to
it.  Major pain in the butt.  Good luck.

John Sabatini
'90 325iS
'90 325iC
Florida Suncoast Chapter