Re: One Touch for 95 M3 Sunroof???

Sean E. Cain writes:

> Is it possible to convert the sunroof on a 95 M3 to the "one-touch" function
>
> on the 96 and later M3's (328's)?   Sorry to ask the question again if this
> has
> already been covered earlier...

What you want to do might be a little tricky if your '95 M3 has the earlier
non-electronic sunroof.  Its sunroof switches do not have the second detent
that triggers the one touch open.  If they did, its simpler relay and switch
logic would not know how to do it.

Unless you have the current, electronic-control sunroof, I bet you'll have
to add some sort of one-shot relay to keep the motor running.  It probably
should be wired to shut off if you press the other button.  Make that two
relays if you want both one-touch open and one-touch tilt open.  To get
incremental (non-one-touch) control, you probably need to change the
switches, and perhaps add buffer relays.  To get comfort close from the
driver's key -- I am unsure how you would add that.

If you want the works, it is probably fastest and easiest to swap in the
latest sunroof rather than hack up what you have got.  Do you have any
warranty work that requires attention?

John
'96 318is
john.firestone@domain.elided