Re: UUC Advice (hiding new wheels)

Dana ponders:

> > Quoted from Rob Levinson:
> >
> > "UUC" does *not* mean "cheap", in fact the $900 ACS Schnitzer was one of the
> > first "UUC Approved" upgrades as are expensive Fikse wheels and Schroth
> > harnesses.
>
>         Just wondering, but how does one hide new wheels? I've been wanting
> new wheels, but I _know_ he's going to notice and give me tons of manure for
> it.

Subterfuge!  Do you need new tires?  "Hey honey, look how good these new
tires make my car look!"  or "You won't believe what happened.  Some
idiot traded me straight across for these kewl new wheels 'cause he
didn't like the way they looked on his 318."  Then all you gotta do is
find a friend (the UUC _is_ a network) who'll put them on their credit
card and help you unload the old ones.  If your friend is a shrink or a
divorce attorney they can bill it back to you and your sweetie will be
walking on eggshells for a while anyway.
- --
Pat Donahue  CCA 125031
Vienna, VA
'91 M5 4GTFUL