Re: Dip Sticks, "Danger Will Robinson"

I'd say I have a chance to check more cars than anyone else on the list to
verify this information ;)  Since I made the original comment, I'll back it
up.  I went out and checked an 83 528e AT and an 85 318i AT... both cars had
yellow sticks for tranny and red ones for oil filler.  While this may not be
the case on *every* BMW ever made, it holds true for the two cars that I took
the time to check.  In any case, the information definitely is not *wrong*.  I
would assume most people on this list would be able to figure this one out on
their own, but some people can obviously get confused ;)

kielyk@domain.elided wrote:

> I edited out the message from the reader detailing the color codes for the
> oil vs. ATF dipsticks. If I remember the thread correctly, the color code
> given was **wrong**. The yellow is the oil tube and the red is the ATF
> tube.
> Of course anyone lifting and checking the fluid would see this right away,
> but just in case, the remarks should be corrected to prevent an accident.
>
> Kevin
> BMWCCA, GGC
> California

- --
Jason Lile                               Administrator
Parts Manager                            BMW Parts Digest
Zionsville Autosport
http://www.zionsvilleautosport.com