Re: E34 tire questions

David (Dinty4@domain.elided) asks:

> If I have 16" rims on an E34, what are the tires sizes that will fit on
> these rims and what would you recommend?
BMW specified 225/55 R16 for the E34s it sold with 16" rims as standard
(the later 530i and 540i, for those who remember). There are hundreds of
different tyres available; it's a little difficult to recommend a specific
tyre as it depends what you want from it, and how much you want to spend.
Factors to consider are:

longevity
ride quality
noise
utlimate grip
response
wet-weather behaviour vs. ability in the dry
breakaway characteristics.

Generally speaking you get what yer pays fer. If you can be more specific
about what you value most - via a reply to the digest - I'm sure you will
get a more meaningful response.

Regards

Andrew T
'95 318is.