Reply: Test Drive Policies

RE:

>Date: 02 Aug 1998 09:23:36 -0500
>From: Stephen West <stwest@domain.elided>
>Subject: General - Test driving policies at dealers

Stephen, car dealerships are, generally, independantly owned business,
and to a large extent, they set their own policies on these matters.  What
happens to someone at one dealership is no indication of how you will
be treated at a different dealership.  You didn't say (or I missed it) which
dealer gave you static on this.

One thing I've found is that, if they don't know you, the sales person is
more likely to want to accompany you.  If you come for a repeat test
drive, they're more likely to let you go out on your own.

Of course, YMMV - well, actually, it did.

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977