<e36>REPLY-Alarm query

John wrote:

Sorry to repeat a post that has been done at least 10^6 times. . .

     I have a 95 325i I'd like to put an alarm system in:

     1)  Does anyone have positive/negative comments about Autoloc/Stellar?

     2)  I have the optional computer.  Can an OEM/Aftermarket alarm use
     the existing ignition defeat circuitry?

     3)  I've found OEM alarms at ~$289.  Are they worth the "extra" $150
     more?

     Thanks in advance.

     John Nevius
     '95 325i

Another option?  Check out the webpage for Sound Conceptions
(www.autoys.com).  They recently had a special deal with a top of the line
Prestige Alarm WITH a wiring harness adapter for about $130.00.  Adapter
plugs right into the factory alarm port, making the Prestige plug and play.
Crutchfield (www.crutchfield.com) also sells a similiar adapter for $9.00
for use with their Crimeguard (or Crimestopper, cant recall) systems.
Again, allegedly a plug and play deal.  I think both have all the features
of the factory alarm unit, and then some.
Not too sure of the Prestige brand name you say?  True, its not Clifford or
Alpine, but mine has worked flawlessly for about 5.5 years now.  A basic
alarm aint that complicated.  The install is probably more important than
the actual alarm unit.

Ron Browne
1992 318is
Bowie, MD