1980 528I for Sale

It is with sad regret that I put my 4 door 1980 528I up for sale.    I've
had this vehicle for three years and prior to that helped a friend restore
it for 4 years. The vehicle has 142,000 miles on it and is located in
Washington D.C.
Prior to my getting the car my buddy spent almost 12,000 restoring the car.
The car has had the following actions performed on it in the last 15,000
miles.

New Radiator,
All new brake lines
All new brakes and rotors (300 miles ago)
New Gas Tank
Factory Exhaust (at 138,000)
Rebuilt Engine (at 130,000 miles)
Rebuilt Transmission (at 128,000)
New Air-conditioning lines and compressor. (at 128,000)
The exterior is clean with one-two rust spots the size of a 1/2 dollar
above the wheel well that are bubbling under the paint.    The seats are
leather and in fine condition (no rips, tears etc.)  A blaupunk sterio is
also in the vehicle.

The Interior is clean although the carpet is worn.  The primary reason for
selling is my wife has been upset with my keeping an  extra car and when
she saw the cost of the brake job it ended my hope of keeping the car.  I
had originally intended to fully restore the vehicle so I suspect some one
will get a deal.

The car has an interesting history as it only has an 8 digit Vin number.  I
was told that the vehicle was never intended for export.  I bought it with
the intention of completing the restoration.  All that is lacking to
restore it to the original look and feel is a paint job to remove the minor
rust described above and I had thought about putting new carpet and orginal
Mats in it.

The price is $5,900 or best offer.

Any interested parties should email me and I can arrange for my wife or me
to show it.

Brian Brown