<E36>Airbox Sensor Thingy

Bob,
The thing that plugs into the bottom of the air box is a coolant valve for
the throttle body.  It senses the temperature of the air and, if it is below
freezing, sends coolant to the throttle body to heat it up, thus preventing
the formation of ice (very bad).  I was always told that it is ok just to
strap it to the side of whatever sort of intake your using, though you might
want it in it's proper location if you live in a place where it gets below
freezing.  The only intake I know of that have accomidatiobns for it are the
stock air box, Euro air box and the Dinan cold air intake (the old metal
ones, not the new CF ones).

Greg Koenig
'94 Dinanstein
BMW CCA GGC