E34 Front suspension question

I'm sorry for repeating this message. I had trouble getting the digest
for awhile. Anyway...

After having my front struts replaced in my 89 535i, my local mechanic
wrote on the ticket, "Idler arm has slight movement, also both sides
brake reaction rod has movement and boots have been torn for awhile and
grease is full of dirt."

Does anyone have an idea as to what these terms mean in BMW language?
Control arm maybe? Please help me understand what he is talking about.
Given you understand what the mechanic is talking about, is it hard to
replace these parts without special tools? How expensive are the parts? I
already have the Bently manual for the E34 so if I could only figure out
what parts are needed maybe I could fix it myself and save mega $$$.

For those who have already responded to this message, if you can, please
send the response again but directly.

schung@domain.elided
or
seunghyun@domain.elided