<E30> Service Indicator gone crazy?

The SI lights on my 85 325e (4dr) seem to have gone crazy.
The green lights sometimes come on and stay on while driving
(then go off), and today the yellow (Inspection Light) came on.
I used the peak research tool about a month ago to reset it.
It should have no lights on. I've had the car for about a year now.
When I first bought it all the lights were lit, so I used
the peak research tool and everything worked fine for about
8 months. I wondered if maybe it could be  the battery, but
the gauges (tach etc.) are working fine. Any suggestions?

Robert