REPLY<E46> Advice.

Jn wrote:

Folks,
I'm considering buying a new E46; and the best quote I got was from a
dealer out-of town (which about 20 miles from my house).
I am weighting the pros and cons.
Pros:  a better price
Cons:  a different treatment from my local dealer, once I bring the car for
maintenance, since I bought it somewhere else
               no  car loaner from the local dealer
               ect.
Can anybody please add any other experience/comments about the subject.
Thank you in advance for your input.
Cheers,
JN

If you are a non-do-it-yourselfer maintenance type, and plan on having your
dealer do all of your maintenance, then there may be times down the line
where you may need some dealer assistance, and if you purchased the car
there AND take it there for maintenance, chances are, they may be more
likely to go to bat for you in any sticky situations.
  On a seperate note, do you REALLY want to get the first, early production
run of a new re-design?  You do realize that there WILL be bugs/possible
defects that will be ironed out in the 2nd year, heck, even in a few months.
True, your warranty will cover you for most things, but you still have to
deal with the hassle, and you will have to deal with things that dont crop
up until AFTER your warranty runs out.  Just ask early E36 owners who have
had to deal with a myriad of "issues" that were smoothed out later on in the
production life of the E36...This aint a knock against you or BMW...just a
fact about any new model car...

Ron Browne
1992 318is
Bowie, MD