re: OBC light bulbs

Gene,
You can replace just the bulbs, but you'll have to find them yourself
and replace them yourself.  The dealer won't even dream about doing
that.  Why should they replace a couple of bulbs at a few cents a piece
when they can charge you $$$$$$$ for replacing the entire light board!
They don't even sell the bulbs.  You have to find them on your own
(electronics store), and they have to be the type with long leads
attached to the filaments so you can solder them in place.  I can't
recall the voltage or wattage right now but I think they are around the
6 volt range - I'm sure some other digesters can come up with the right
figure.  Good luck!

Chuck MacWilliam
'92 525i
'85 325e