[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: <E30 M3> Track wheels/tires

Hi Paul/Stuart etc,

I just installed a set of TSW Hockenheim-R 16x7.5's on my '89 M3, and it
fits perfectly, without the rubbing or steering wierdness that I had with
my previous wheels, which were for the 5-series (ugly heavy-as-cement
chromed monstrosities with major wrong offset that wore out a wheel bearing
in 50k miles, put on by previous owner).  The only problem is that nobody
makes a track tire in 225/45R16, so you'll need to either go to 17" or
stick with the stock wheels.  I have AVS-I's on the TSWs and plan to buy
a set of stock wheels for track tires (if I can actually get the dang
Roundel on time so that everything isn't sold already. =)

BTW I bought the wheels and tires from Discount Tire Direct. I forget where
I heard about the 16" Hockenheim-R's, but they've only been advertised in
17" previously.

Peitao
'89 M3 - anyone got a set of stock wheels for sale?

Peitao Ting                                               pting@domain.elided
HP Products Division                                         Ph: 415-506-5772
Oracle Corporation                                          Fax: 415-506-7357