[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Rion Groh

Let the flaming begin.

While I do agree with a few of Mr. Groh's points, such as dealing with a
BMW professional when trying to resolve a more technical problem (perhaps
more due to lack of diagnostic equipment and specialized tools than
expertise). I find that there is a lot more expertise and experience
available on the list than he believes.

Also, likening a quality product such as Zymol to Slick 50 is
inappropriate (I don't even use the stuff and I really don't think that
he has been reading the Slick 50 posts). Kind of like comparing a
Rolex to a PC internal clock or a BMW to a Yugo.  Not with the
connotation that it is "snake oil" as expressed by Mr. Groh.

In addition, this "hobbyist" has assisted several "BMW Professionals"
(including dealers) with their technical problems in the area of printed
circuit cards and electronics and they did become mutually advantageous
relationships.  Unfortunately, these professionals just did not have the
requisite background necessary to deal with the technology being installed
in today's automobiles.

Finally, I do take exception to his pontificating about his exceptional
skills and our lack thereof.  Jim (Hobbyist Extrordinaire)

P.S.  I realize that I am an idiot and hope that I was able to effectively
communicate my points.

James M. Dodmead (Jim)			Network Engineering and
nets@domain.elided				Technical Services (NETS), Inc.
V 301.854.4945				14825 Burntwoods Road
F 410.489.7508                          Glenwood, MD  21738