[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E36> Traction Control

     Hello Digesters:

     I would like to know if there is a way to change the operation of the
     Traction Control switch on my car ('96 M3) to operate with Traction
     Control off (all the time) unless I turn it on...<or> completely
     disable the damn thing. I try to remember to turn it off each time I
     start the car, but last time it rained I almost killed myself, because
     I had it on. The problem is traction control allows some slip before
     engaging, I'm my case enough the let the rear end step way out, which
     is easy enough the overcome if YOU are driving the car (not AST). Then
     AST immediately and radically cuts off power to the rear wheels,
     instead of feathering it off. I just can't get used to it, and don't
     want it (unless it snows, which never really happens here).

     Any info on disabling will be helpful...TIA

     Dean