[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Windshield treatments

>>>>> Original Message >>>>>

How well does RainX work?

<<<<< Reply <<<<<

I have tried RainX twice on two different BMWs (a 325is and a
635CSi) and have quickly removed it both times.  On my cars at
least, it makes the windshield wipers chatter terribly as they
move across the glass.  They skip and stick and leave large
black lines on the glass where they stick in short order.  It
drove me crazy each time I tried it and don't intend to try it
again.

I haven't tried the Bon Ami.  I would think that this would
polish the glass whereas the RainX actually puts a coating on
the glass.

On the plus side for the RainX, it does such a good job of
repelling the water that you can almost drive without the
wipers on (on the freeways at least).

Don Mies
85 635CSi (The latest of 8 BMWs) - Wonderful car!!
Thinking (very hard) about a Z3