[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V5 #287

An update (I know your all tired of hearing about this) on my 02 search. I
have found a 68' 02 in the San Fran area for $600. Its running well, needs
paint and interior and apparently has no rust. The carb has been replaced
(2brl) and the head has been reworked. It smokes a bit, he says, upon
downshifting and the center-bearing is making much noise. He says he would
trust it to drive back here to Texas. 1. Is there anything I need to know
about these cars (68's) that might make me shy away 2. Given this bearing
noise would driving 2000 miles be a reasonable idea. Might be able to get
him to do the bearing work before I fly out. Let me know.

TIA,
Joe Kallo